View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 04:30   Link #18863
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
You see, that's the thing that bugs me about this topic.

When you read it, you see "These two are special and can/have awakened."

When I read it I see "These two have awakened and are therfore special."

And hell, even if it does mean the former, it still doesn't touch on the idea you need to be one of the 'special' people to awaken. It merely states these two are special.

Look at it in context:

Its only after both have spread their special awakened wings that 'organic' and 'inorganic' come into play, which leads to thier Power of God and Territory of God titles.

Is there any other place that awakening is diccussed, because frankly this means jack squat in the whole 'ability to awaken or not' debate.

It merely talks up Kakine and Accelerator's awakened states.
I really think it's just a matter of perspective, then...

Though assuming I'm wrong and you don't have to be 'special' to 'awaken', then how does the esper ability mechanics in IndexVerse support the theory that espers in general can 'awaken'? How would Personal Realities and AIM fields controlling one factor such as heat, water, or telekinetic forces get you to that level of power? Even if we disregard the 'special' trait as a factor, being able to manipulate AIM fields in general, involving multiple factors, seem to be a prerequisite in 'Awakening', so to speak (eg, Vector Change = reflect many kinds of energy, not just AIM, Dark Matter = more than one kind of material created, Aiwass & Kazakiri as Artificial Angels made of many different kind of AIM fields and can manipulate them to a degree (Wings of Light, sword of light)).

Speaking of where 'awakening' is discussed in the LNs... "Awakening" is a fan-made term. IIRC nowhere in the LN sections about Accelerator's black wings or Kakine's own abilities are they explicitly named as "Awakening". From where the Black Wings show up, we have Vol15 against Kakine, Vol19 against Aiwass, Vol20 against Touma, and Vol22 upgrading to White Wings prior to fighting Archangel Misha. The word "Awakening" is never used to describe Kakine and Accelerator.