View Single Post
Old 2013-04-17, 20:41   Link #3223
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Subaru is also an exceptional case, even more so since she is a combat cyborg. She may have blocked that AT-shot from a Mirage, but what about cannon-fodder Rank-B Joe-mage average? Not all mages are of a heroic level, just like not everybody gets to be a certified "Badass of the Week".
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Okay, before we start packing too much HE into this query, it should be stated quite clearly that the idea of 'just how much damage a BJ/mage' can take is kind of relative.

Granted that we never actually see or are given any sort of proper scale -by this I mean giving us black and white figures on which to judge the efficacy of magic versus kinetic arms- we cannot rightly say things like "ooh, magic pwns guns", or "ooh, guns pwn magic" out of hand.
Yeah, I do think many forget that Subaru isn't a good representation of the average mage's durability. Tsuzuki's failure to give hard numbers isn't helping us either way. I mean, look at how anti-tank warfare has evolved; the stuff that would destroy WW1 or WW2 tanks, modern tanks would laugh at, roll right through and punish the poor idiot for his foolishness. "Anti-tank" is a very vague term by itself if we don't have more evidence.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!