View Single Post
Old 2013-08-09, 09:09   Link #5766
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
3: Yet again, he's NOT allowed to engage in melee combat at ALL in Monolith Code. And Leo's primary attack method is through melee combat. You ignore this each time you complain that he looked weak in Monolith Code. Complaining that he looked weak because he can't engage in melee combat is like complaining that a sharpshooter who can't use his gun stinks at combat. The fact that he's still able to hold on despite the massive handicap he's got to deal with actually reinforces the fact that his combat prowess is extraordinary.
Carefully read what I'm saying. I am not complaining -- I really don't care if Leo is weak or not. In fact, I'd disagree with you about him being weak in Monolith Code, the mini-communicator actually gives him ranged attacks while using melee while limiting the maximum attack power that his enemies could use, so I'd argue that he's actually stronger during that competition than otherwise.

Overall what I'm saying is thus, in this world, at this time, all magicians are basically considered "weapons" -- for any "talented magician" (Bloom?) To beat Leo is simple -- you cast faster than him, have stronger phenomenon re-writing ability than him, more interference strength than him .. without moving as fast as Tatsuya & Erika (fast enough to lose magical targeting) he'll immediately get knocked out. Leo will obviously beat you if you start in very close range or if you underestimate him .. but I just don't see the evidence to support what some other people are saying about how Leo could beat other magicians, let alone, Morisaki.