View Single Post
Old 2018-03-28, 00:42   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It’s possible. You don’t think he can get money for that from somewhere else?
But he won't be getting it from me. It's the difference between "something wrong is happening" (which it is, all the time) and "I'm knowingly doing something wrong".

Quote:
Besides, I’m sure there are plenty of RK and Busou Renkin fans thinking the same as me, so money will come from there. And if his RK continuation picks back up, like that other mangaka who wrote a great-selling manga after getting nabbed for something similar, he’ll get the money from there too.

So why make ourselves suffer needlessly? Especially if it’s just to enjoy manga we’ve already bought before this ever happened? I’m not going to let this incident ruin the enjoyment of the childhood favorite manga already sitting on my bookshelf. And obviously there are plenty of other RK fans who’ve already bought the whole original manga.
I'll turn the question around. Why help pay someone to molest children when there are so many other mangaka?

The past can't be helped. But that's no excuse to close our eyes now. You can if you want to, of course. But don't pretend you're not responsible for your choices just because hypothetical other people make similar ones.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote