View Single Post
Old 2009-06-07, 16:09   Link #20
Eleonore Magilinon
Dreaming Sorceress

Send a message via ICQ to Eleonore Magilinon Send a message via MSN to Eleonore Magilinon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Well, i think C.C joined the plan(for the time, since it seems she lose her interest after Marianne's death) because she wanted a nice future too. She's human after all, she wanted to die, but tomorrow is always there, even after she dies, so, nothing wrong to make people happy, hehe. Or maybe she was just going with the flow, since it's a very ludicrous plan.
Well, her will to create a "good" future for others doesn't go along with her perfect indifference to the fate of others (that was created by passing centures). So the only way for it to be true is to take for the basis the fact she actually cared a lot more than she tried to make it look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
About V.V killing Marianne, i don't know, i think that's was a little paranoic of his part. Marianne was with their plan, but with her in the game, maybe Charles would lose his focus and give it up, like what could happen if Nunnally or Kallen were into Zero Requiem, but not the same, cause in the ZR case, the threaten was real. Kallen and Nunnally could've changed Lelouch's mind about killing himself after all, but Marianne was so into it that i think it was just craziness of V.V's part.
I'm not sure that Kallen or Nunnally could change Lelouch's mind at that point. After all, Nunnally tried)
And I don't get the part about loosing focus... For me, it's like their agreement on Ragnarok's plan was what made them so close... So yes, it was V.V.'s craziness... But I also see it like jelousy, as simple as that) C.C. commented on that, didn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
V.V. was just a punk brat who seemed to think that he and Charles alone were better than the rest of the world and deserved to be above it. Kinda like Lelouch used to do with Nunnally though he eventually got over it. Marianne didn't fit into that equation obviously so she needed to be dealt with. Considering this is the same guy who gave Rolo his "The solution to every problem is to kill the source even if its only slightly possible to be a problem in the first place." mentality it's not too surprising.
Interesting point, I haven't thought about that. But because Marianne was something to be dealt with... Sounds really like V.V.
But then there's C.C.'s words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I actually thought Charles and V.V. had some different plan at the beginning. But after his own brother selfishly murdered his wife and then tried to hide it(things they swore to fight against in the first place) that was the last straw for Charles who decided humanity really couldn't be changed on its own and decided to force drastic change on it through Ragnarok.
No, as you might remember, when V.V. came to see her (and kill her), she asked him if it's about Sword of Akasha. So it was the original plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, as it's been said, there are some resemblances to Lelouch/Shirley/Rolo and Charles/Marianne/V.V.

I do wish that Marianne had stayed as the caring and loving mother......well, I guess she sort of was, but if they just didn't add this dark side to her.
Hm, I never saw that resemblance... but now I do, thanks for pointing that out)
And actually, I have always thought that there was something fishy about Marianne. She was too good to be true. The only person who was too good and still did pass a "Mary Sue" test was Euphie, because she was absolutely pure-hearted and quite childlishly stupid (or should I say ignorant to the ways of the world). And Marianne wasn't the same. So I always expected something like that to pop up... But still, it was sad.
And I still don't think she didn't care at all. I see her caring a lot more than Emperor did, as she was affected by Lelouch's words a couple of times... But she was too much into their plan with Charles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Anyway, I don't know why C.C. joined up with them (probably another thing they didn't think through) but the point is that she wanted to die and if the Ragnarok plan went through she would have ceased to exist as she knows. Maybe it would have been a bizarre different kind of existence, but her physical would've been gone. The way I understand it is that every living human would have merged with the World of C consciousness which is just what happnes after they die anyway.
I thought about that... But as I, too, do not quite sure about getting the meaning of Ragnarok right... Bonzo, for example, takes it differently...
And the fact I didn't even watch NGE (as I figured it'll be too much for my nerves with the end of the world) doesn't help either.
But still, I feel like we couldn't be sure about not having any consience left in different people, or they wouldn't be taking about world of truth. It wouldn't be a world anymore... So I don't see why C.C. should take the risk of getting eternal life again instead of dying...
If it's not the theory I stated about her in my first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Using simple words, Charles wanted to use the collective unconscious to make a sort of brainwash to the earth people.

For to create a world without lies, but at the same time, all the people become a sort of zombies without a real independence.

A sort of hive with Charles in the center, 1 king, 1 queen and a world of perfect subjects.

Like the middle ages, when the people was under a king without the will to see in different direction.....a return to the past, like Charles wanted it.
I would like too see it at least this way, but then what about the part about merging everyone into single existance?
Eleonore Magilinon is offline   Reply With Quote