View Single Post
Old 2010-09-03, 23:09   Link #2587
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKou View Post
I am Athiest, ive grown up as a christian, but as i grew i begane to learn and understand. many people say the view of an athiest is right, many say their religion is right, but my point of view is... Tadaaa.... its Neither or both right.(btw im 14). my view on life is that everyone should live as they please and spend the rest of their life doing what they want to do(even if its killing, it followed the general idea but based on laws and majority of the world, its considered wrong). Dont waste your life, grow up and follow your dream. The reason why i stopped becoming a christian is this... ill start with a story. one day i began to wonder about the possibility of no god... and soon i came across all the things that would be if there was no god. ever since then i began to learn and think more and more. soon my conclusion was. There is no way to prove there is a god. and and ill explain. first off. how did laws come to exist? laws were created through feelings and emotions. in the beginning people thought, oh! i dont want to be killed so lets make a rule stating that murder is illegal. and the others came to being the same way. everything was based on a persons being. as you know about only 20%(guess but i read somewhere.. but you get the point its very little percent) of our personality comes from our parents, our likes and dislikes of food and things come from them. other than that, our general everyday personality comes from experience and growth. its very important at an early age to teach children. when we are young, we are merly dolls. dolls that needs data. based on our enviroment, everyone develops their personalityes on their train of thought, experience, and ect. if a person was never introduced to the concept of being nice, they wouldnt be a nice person. each person develops differently. and this factor is one of the crucial reasons in believing in a religion or not. why do people believe in a religion? for many many reasons. some might be because they grew up with it(these kind of people i call ignorant and foolish), some because other people believe in it, and many other reasons why, one big reason would be that they cant comprehend, come to accept, or understand of the possibility of no god, no god would mean just a complete darkness where you are unaware that you are in that state, its the same as sleeping. many people view that as horrid and scary. but of course, thats just a view, some people believe that eternal life is a hell in itself, the ability to accept a certain view is all based on what kind of person you are, whether you cant accept the possibilities of there being no god, or whether you plain just dont believe it. people can even be born with the tendacy to believe that some omnicient,sentient being created the universe, and vice versa. its based on how we are born and how we grew up. there are other factors but they dont need to be said. everthing is also based on points of view. nobody is right and nobody is wrong. why do criminals think killing and stealing is more okay and not serious than others? its because of human nature of growing up. their ''viewpoints'' are the laws of their own world. since the laws we have currently worldwide in our world now were based on something so easy persuaded as personality, nothing is right or wrong. its only YOUR perspective. there are many religious fanatics who have yet to view the point of the opposite site or even understand the beginning of all. one christian might say, how did the universe be here from the start, i dont believe it was here already. and yet this idiot believes that god was here from way beyond the beginning. Existance is existance. it doesnt need a reason to exist. its the very being of everything.there is no god. and if he existed, i would resent him. i dont like the fact we were created to become slaves to some almight being who can destroy universes with the snap of his finger. also if you look at it from the view of a christian, god is the one who made our personalities the way it is. and if he sent his son to die for our sins which he created in the first place. it pretty much sums up that he set everything up to make himself look like some mighty being. anyway i would rather die and go into the eterntal darkness than be forced to live for all eternity and suffer the fate of immortality. as you saw, my reason is because i dislike and cant believe that god exists, simple and that. but.. im neither right nor wrong. religion is set so that there is nto enough proof that god exists and at the same time there is only enough proof to understand the concept of who they are worshiping. i once told my church pastor that religious people are blind, and he said they are not, they just have a different view. and from that i thought and realized that the view of an athiest and the view of a religious person are 2 sides of a coin. neither is right nor wrong. it depends on our personalities and what side of the coin it picks(and there is also a middle side...which im too lazy to explain and just pm if you want to know). since god cannot be proven or disproven, neither side is right nor wrong. my world view is that we should just live our lives doing what we want in the short time that we have( and when i mean do what we want, please consider other peoples feelings and not go insane and drive a motercycle strapped with c4 into a building or something crazy like that....live a more normal life that other people can agree on) . you can never prove your own religion exists(and if there was proof jejus christ existed, it doesnt mean that he is the son of god, please remember that). the only positive benefit i find out of religion is that it turns people into saints through a lie(my opinion). to sum it all up. the ability to believe in a certain side is because of how we are born and how we grew up mentally(this applies to all beliefs). the answer to the meaning of life is different for everyone, butt he most simpliest and best is that you should live your life the way you want, dont let an opportunity pass. dont waste life and live it to the fullest. (and this huge huge paragraph is disorganized and i may have misspelled and/or not have correctly conveyed my point of view
Help, I think my eyes are bleeding.