View Single Post
Old 2008-04-24, 07:01   Link #190
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well if you want my full thoughts on the episode they are now up.

Honestly I can't help but feel that the second half renders much of what went on during the shelter scene fairly inconsequential, and I'd almost refer to it as a semi-retcon of the events. We get a pretty clear explanation in the Alto/Ranka scene in the park of what was going through their heads during the shelter scene and it would have been nice if we'd actually gotten to see it instead of the steamed buns stuff as it would have explained a lot about the characters actions. (Remember people I blog shows as they are progressing so that comes into account) Okay actually not entirely, but I'm just going to take what Ranka and Alto said in the park as the definitive recollection of what went on and how they felt about things as it by far makes more sense then "Don't Look At Me With Those Lecherous Eyes You Pervert" when the real issue is that they are all under stress and possible about to get killed by some stray fire and Alto lacks the power to do anything about it at the moment when he really wants to be of use. This I already knew it's just it did not come through properly at all because of how the scene was presented.

Anyway I gave the episode a 6.5 and rounded up to 7 after a coin flip, so not god awful, but nowhere near as good as I felt it could have been. Don't be mistaken, I felt the second half was up to par, it's just the first half was weak sauce.

i agree. this episode in the first half was meh,

after the second episode or the real exciting EPIC scenes in the first episode, this wasn't so tantalizing.
although any further fluff on the vajra are always welcomed.

the second was definitely far more exciting in terms of character engagement and pure emotion.

macross just don't seem the same without singing in it, Ranka singing fading into the sober funeral scenes was emotional.

i would of given this on the first have a 6-ish, but an 8-ish for the second half.

so erm...a 7?