View Single Post
Old 2009-08-05, 14:19   Link #1822
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I just realized something that may be important!

I was going through the translations of the newer chapters and they mentioned somethings about the stones. Nagi mentioned something about wishes or whatever, but also that it was like a test of greed and that by overcoming it one would find true love on the other side.

In my opinion this is still just a side effect and that their real potential has a more vital plot-related purpose. However I noticed how this may be effecting Hayate without him even realizing it.

All the way back during the school race (right before the Tiger's Den arc) he had been thinking about the money. At first he wanted to help Nagi, but after Hina told him what the prize was he was focused on that and lost. It was also because of him being so focused that he used Hina's fear of heights against her and launched the 'Ice Age' she had up until her birthday arc.

This may actually hint at Hayate-Hinagiku as the karmic retribution for his greed was losing a lot of ground with Hina while none of his other relationships changed. Hayate's learned his lesson now and since then he has gotten on Hina's good side again and things are going much better between them.

The only other ways I could see it are that because of his greed he was fired, and had he not learned his lesson he never would have been re-hired. As such he then would have never seen Maria or Nagi again. He also would never have gone to Greece with them and likely would have never seen Athena again because of it.

Since I don't view Nagi as a possible love interest, much like Hayate himself, that means that Hinagiku, Maria, and Athena are possible 'true loves' for him if it is to be believed about that aspect of the stones. Seems to fit with Hina and Maria being in the 'strike range' too, so I guess tough luck to Izumi, Hamster and company.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote