View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 15:41   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I believe what wingdarkness is trying to say is that there isn't that much depth to the writing. Gundam AGE is very light on the dialogue and quite easy to understand. Then again I do have a degree in Linguistics and Japanese so maybe I'm just biased, but compared to Unicorn, AGE reads like Dr. Seuss.
Interesting comparison. I believe that would mean that AGE is doing it's job then seeing as how Dr. Seuss is pretty famous for being someone that could write for both children and adults alike. Personally I think Mr. Geisel was a genius like no other when it came to spinning what otherwise amounted to gibberish into a charming narrative, with deeply rooted progressive themes and ideals that he wanted to pass onto the next generation. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man and hope that Gundam AGE can even come close to achieving what he managed in terms of literature with his books when it comes to execution of it's core themes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Agenda? once again, what are you talking about?
Well I committed already towards trying to do my part to calm the fires that are starting to rage here so I'll post my response to your VM instead.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote