Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 02:01   Link #1428
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
A fair point Qilin, Himematsu's inclusion is more to showcase the common player's struggle against the freaky mahjong super monsters like in Saki's captain battle. But I could see any of the teams that following Kiyosumi into the semi's as being relegated into background characters as Rinkai and the other school are probably going to get a lot of attention.
I guess that makes sense. I'm just a bit bummed that the manga went through the trouble of hyping up Esui, particularly Jindai and Hatsumi, only to have their powers limited once on the table (Jindai only falling asleep as the match was ending, and Sae sealing Hatsumi's winds for most of the match). Let's not forget that they hardly have any flashbacks, apart from the one with Kasumi.

But whatever, let's just see what Rinkai and the mystery team brings to the table. Hopefully, one of them can replace Toyone place in my favorite characters.

I wonder how people wound react if some no-name school happened to beat Rinkai in the quarter final. That would be fun to behold.