Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 03:22   Link #19199
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Top govt officials in CPIB probe

Quote:
SINGAPORE - The former heads of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) and the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) are being probed over allegations of “serious personal misconduct”.

Investigations by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) began late last month in the case of former CNB director Ng Boon Gay, 45, while investigations in the case of former SCDF commissioner Peter Lim Sin Pang, 51, began early this month.

Both men have been relieved of their duties with effect from today pending disciplinary proceedings, said the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) in a statement yesterday.

They were placed on leave from their duties when investigations commenced. The MHA said it is unable to comment on the details of the cases as investigations are ongoing.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs Teo Chee Hean said in a separate statement yesterday: “The Government takes a serious view of public officers who misconduct themselves. Any allegation of misconduct made against public officers will be investigated fully and thoroughly.”

Mr Teo, who is also Minister-in-charge of the Civil Service, said: “We will be fair to officers who are the subject of allegations, establish the facts and follow due process, acting in accordance with Civil Service disciplinary processes and the law.”

The MHA said that it has appointed SCDF’s senior director of emergency services, Mr Eric Yap Wee Teck, 43, to assume command of the SCDF from next Wednesday.

Mr Ng Ser Song, 49, who is the director of the Police Intelligence Department, will take over as CNB director on the same date.

“This is to ensure leadership continuity of both organisations,” added the ministry.

News of the CPIB probe broke in a report published in Chinese evening newspaper Lianhe Wanbao yesterday.

The newspaper, which quoted sources, said that six other SCDF officers, including two of senior rank, are being investigated.

The report also alleged that CPIB investigations began after complaints were made by an overseas company.

Mr Lim was appointed the SCDF commissioner in May 2009, moving up from the rank of deputy commissioner.

He has been in the SCDF for 24 years. Mr Ng joined the Singapore Police Force 20 years ago after he was awarded a Local Merit Scholarship from the Public Service Commission.

He was previously the director of the Criminal Investigation Department before taking over CNB in January last year.

The MHA statement added that the ministry, the two Home Team departments and relevant officers will “continue to give their fullest assistance and cooperation to the CPIB in its investigations”.

Mr Teo said: “I would like to reaffirm my confidence in our SCDF and CNB officers, who are honourable professionals risking their lives on a daily basis to keep our citizens safe and secure.”
My spider sense tells me this is a political purge, but I don't have any evidence to back it up other than that of this is the second one in a consecutive year.

Oh well, at least I can laugh at the Myanmarese who came here to seek citizenship : they pulled strings to get away from Little Boy Blue and came back to another.

Let's hope that I am wrong.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.