Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 13:48   Link #172
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't think you can include Gundam and Mazinger since they're just always around regardless of any other factor, but maybe you can include Getter Robo. We haven't had a new entry in the Getter Saga since 2004, which is starting to feel like a really long time ago.

Although here's a question, since King Gainer and Big O's popularity seem to have taken off in a huge way again after Super Robot Wars Z does that mean we might be in store for a revival at some point? Both shows just kind of ended inconclusively with the crew walking off into the distance and the cast walking off the set of Paradigm City respectively so I don't see any reason why it couldn't work. They could have a King Gainer that's about exploring the Land of Yapan and maybe they uncover a whole new set of Overmen that sparks a new conflict and for Big O they can just have it take place in a new setting or possibly a new Paradigm where everybodies memories have been revived and the conflict is about something else.
Its hard to get Tomino to do things lol, not sure if he's interested in more King Gainer. Not sure if Cartoon Network still wants to sponsor more Big O as well.

Gundam probably can keep pushing itself, but Mazinger seems hard to appeal to young audience though. It would need a true miracle in Z2.2 to bring us the Shin Mazinger sequel that's gone.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote