View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 18:51   Link #3333
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Still, why would the Geth be considered a threat worth exterminating, when those like the Batarians and Vorcha are not?

The logic that "it doesn't matter when Organics kill each other, but we need to go up in arms when Synthetics kill Organics" is just racism pure and simple. Being Organic doesn't make you SPECIAL. This entire logic that "we need Organics to exist in the galaxy" is flawed.

In short, are you going to use genocide as standard tactics against races that are a threat to you, or not? To allow to wipe out the Geth means I also have the moral imperative to wipe out the Batarians and Vorcha "because they are a threat".

And if you say I can't do that because they are organic... Well, why the hell not?
Quote:
Sci fi tends to make everyone follow human standards, but completely different beings could (and should) have completely different ways of thinking. Whether we agree with that way of thinking is a different story altogether, but that they have it should be all but guaranteed.
I don't have a problem with differing opinions. I do have a problem when Bioware telling us to AGREE with said ridiculous opinions. The Reaper's plans are stupid, but Bioware does not think so.