View Single Post
Old 2009-05-11, 17:51   Link #68
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Thing is though I've more or less got manipulating IV's during breeding down to the wire the problem is I spend more time booting up the slowpoke lv100 Wifi battle to figure out my IV's than I do actually breeding and its annoying. Natures aren't a problem since you can use the Everstone method to lock in good natures.

Also you're right IV's don't matter too much with proper EV training as long they're decentish but there are IV's which for me do matter being speed, HP and the main attacking stat your using. When you consider a difference of 1 speed is already enough to make you go second and if you know most Pokemon speed bases its nice to know if the opponent has no chance of outspeeding you. In the case of HP its for substitutes and 'pinch' berry activation.

If the certain thing I'm training doesn't need speed than switch speed for either of the defenses.

Eitherway for me the big hope for me with this iteration is more improvements to the online play (quicker please), a way of finding opponents without friend codes and those minor touches to make this the definitive game for breeding. Considering GSC introduced breeding I think they may as well go the whole length.
I use Pokemon Battle Revolution to find out the IV stats of a Pokemon since Level 50 is considered accurate when calculating the Pokemon Stats.

Come to think of it, breeding in the older games are painful because it's not possible to control which nature to get since Everstone in Emerald and D/P/Pt allows a 50% chance of getting the same nature of the Female parent. Also, hatching is alot quicker because it can use the Pokemon ability like Magna Armor to cut the time to hatch in half. The good thing about G/S/C generation is that Stadium 2 provided a list of breeding groups.

Quote:
Ah~, so I heard. I don't really know why Garchomp is considered so broken though... Something to do with it's moveset?
Garchomp is mainly considered broken because of it's ability Sand Veil and combine that with Brightpowder and Sandstorm, Garchomp is free to sweep all your Pokemon since your attacks won't hit. Also, there are not alot of Pokemon that can counter Garchomp efficiently... The most used Pokemon to counter Garchomp is Weavile, but switching it in is difficult because most of the time, you will get OHKO if you switch it in.