View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 08:25   Link #5781
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes...

I know...

I also explained why i couldn't accept it. But just saying that's not what the story did is not a good comeback.
It's the only answer I can give you when you're asking for a hint of whether Orb has turned against its ideals. The hint is right there: Orb joined the EA.
Quote:
It does when the soldiers continue to fight for said country.
If you're talking about the Kusanagi, the main objective of the TSA is to prevent the tragedy caused by the extremists from EA and from ZAFT. So at times it fought the EA to protect ZAFT, and at other times it fought ZAFT to protect the EA.
Quote:
Just because it's a foreign policy doesn't mean they intend it to be situational. Uzumi and other characters made it clear those ideals had preserved through changing times and were meant to keep on doing so.
The reason Uzumi sent the Archangel and Kusanagi away was that he realized that the current situation between Blue Cosmos and a Zala-led ZAFT was more important than Orb. In other words, he knew that it was not the time for neutrality, even if Orb were to be lost.
Quote:
But can those ideals be changed? Yeah sure, I can accept that Orb might wish to change those ideals.

But I never had an issue with that in the first place. My issue was the change itself didn't make sense.
Again with the not making sense part? What part of not wanting to be invaded again does not make sense to you? They didn't join the EA just because they felt like it, you know.
Quote:
And I also made the point that even if they do decide to abadon the ideals, this won't mean that the people would be willing to side with a force that invaded them and killed them just two years ago.
And that's why I said to look at the portrayal of the soldiers. Even if they didn't like it, they still obeyed the government.

In other words, whatever feelings that Orb people may have about the decision, it wasn't enough to stop the government from following through with it, especially when you consider the possible threat of another invasion.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote