View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 16:44   Link #28569
goldendust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
That would have to be because Beatrice isn't simply asking about the bomb in that scene, she's making a cry out to Battler to try to understand her, I think. And it might also be viewed as a slight hint towards Yasu. But of course, it's mainly about the bomb.
Although it could imply that the discovery of the explosives is what originally created the seed of the whole incident. Although I do wonder if it had any connection to EP 6 when "Mother" spoke to Chick Beatrice. She told Beatrice that the time, that she had the right to hate everything and that the time that she will create/revive everything will come.

Interesting enough during that moment, "mother" also mentioned that people will not see Beatrice. It makes me wonder if Shannon/Kanon were only considered to be people that could die because everyone acknowledged them as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Here's another problem. If Yasu has anything like MPD, which doesn't work that way in real life, then he's in violation of a Knox rule, which Beato's board allegedly follows. If Yasu doesn't have any MPD, then no one can even be dying personality death. It's just one girl putting on different costumes. It's not even symbolically true. The concept of death is absolutely meaningless because then anyone can be dead by PRETENDING to be dead, because hey, Yasu does it.

All of these corpses are guaranteed to be dead. But they're pretending because you can fake death.
Funnily enough isn't that a Devil's Proof? Unless you can prove and show every case of every mentally ill person with identity issues, you cannot really disprove that Yasu's identity issues do not exist in the real world.

To be honest, I do doubt that Ryukishi is really that knowledgeable about physiology.

About the red, I think that to lies in the definition of dead. In the end what we consider dead is when the person bodies function stop or mind ceases to exist. Death is when life ends. Unless you want to argue that separate identities count as living, I do think you would have a hard time accepting that they can die. although if you build wholes lives, relationships etc around these identities I could see why you would consider them to equal to other lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
I'd sure like to see the indepth analysis on this one, regardless of the witch's will implies Beatrice at least couldn't stop the bomb in her games, and the promised reaper could be death, or....
Me too. I do think that line is rather interesting. It does imply that Beatrice could not stop it. Although the explosives might be the risk that Maria talked about for Beatrice to complete her magic.

To be honest, if you think about the insane amount of risks that "Beatrice" takes in each game:

-committing murders is such complicated manner
-the murders will cease if someone solves the epitaph
-someone could kill Beatrice in revenge
-the bomb that will kill everyone assuming that she does not turn it off

It leads to two conclusions. Either Beatrice wanted a miracle or just to die, which both is supported in the meta games. She wanted Battler to understand her heart and crush it.

Quote:
Also an off-topic. You know how some people state the crazy stuff at the end of Game 2 is all because Battler is drunk? I always had another theory.

As we know there are two types of magic, that which is observed (a trick) and that which is not (flat out lie). I am pretty sure most of that magic stuff happened after midnight, so maybe, there just weren't any observers by then?
To be honest I suspected that at the end was just Battler dreaming. He just wanted someone to show up and explain things. The whole scene with Genji coming to Battler and Beatrice/Kinzo interaction seem pretty dream-like.

Honestly that makes more sense if anything if you think that he is not exactly used to drinking(Kinzo's drinks are pretty strong) and he was in a state where he gave up on trying to be careful. I could easily see him falling asleep pretty quickly.
goldendust is offline   Reply With Quote