View Single Post
Old 2006-09-04, 10:14   Link #63
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
In the Quick Reply box...
In the little Options section there are two buttons Show your signature and the Quote message in reply?

What does the mysterious Quote message in reply? button do ?

//A little off-topic...

When I switch to the AnimeSuki Style a lot of buttons are exactly the same as in the VBulletin Style. Is this :
  • An error.
  • Something GHDpro missed when he designed the skin.
  • A limitation of VBulletin's parent/child style mumbo-jumbo. As in you can create different layouts for things but you have to keep the same icon set for all of them.

Just curious
When you click the "quick reply" buttons, the "Quote message in reply?" is enabled. If you tick it, the post you selected as a "quick reply" is automatically prepended to your post as a quote. See the result of this post as an example, I've ticked the box but not tried to insert a quote manually. Personally I hate it and wish no one would ever use it... full post quotes are pointless and annoying (unless you're quoting pages apart, which happens infrequently).

As for your other question; none of the above. Though it is a cross between #2 and #3. The way the style system works you would have to change a lot of style code to have buttons for each style. So technically, you can do it, but we "missed" it on purpose as it is more effort than it is worth.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote