View Single Post
Old 2008-12-06, 12:04   Link #472
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
Yeah nice strategy/tactics for air fighting i was trying to find just something like this to add even more good arguments thnx for giving it to me freely though^^. your a great dude.

Header says "Ten Rules for Air Fighting", list of tactics

So ali has rules/tactics now or wasnt he supposed to be the ruthless dude on the battlefield.

Like i said i believe being a better pilot has to do with Intelligence using Intelligence, adaptability translates to flying rules(you set up for yourself or are told)/ tactics. Ali has his own tactics however thats not because he is ruthless. Thats war on itself but because he is smart and know how the game is played and has experience.

Any of these points apply to all good pilots that fight an opponent even Setsuna. If this was supposed to be a counter argument(lol) then this would thus mean all pilots in G00 are all "RUTHLESS" like Ali.

Thus also enforces what i said earlier stated, "in a sense war on itself IS ruthless".

These have nothing to do with being ruthless as a person(i mean attribute). War it self is aggressive. But have to do with what is the best way to kill an enemy. Now all pilots in G00 who go out kill enemies. This entire Post of yours would best apply to Saji when he was told to shoot since he didnt understand any of these points. Its just a guidelines on how to own enemies.

nothing more nothing less. If your statement was War is ruthless then yeah i agree thats why there stuff like

"Wait until you see the whites of his eyes. Fire short bursts of 1 to 2 seconds and only when your sights are definitely 'ON'." "Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!"

I mean shit almost all named characters have killed soldiers. Yeah thats ruthless THAT SO RELATED to describe Ali's a better pilot I can so deduce that from this man?

Thing is Ali, graham, tiera, setsuna all do these. However that being ruthless attacking someone were it hurts in a sense does not make them a better pilot. Some grunts have been hitting CB where it hurt hard yet the grunts were not better pilots.
First of all, just because he's ruthless in every sense of the word doesn't mean that he does not employ tactics or strategy on the battlefield. Otherwise he'd have been killed long before the first season even started. All it means is that he doesn't care about how he defeats his opponents, and as a result he will not shy away from using underhanded tactics in order to do so. It also helps that he naturally takes the 2nd rule of the Dicta Boelcke and the 9th and 10th rules of Air Fighting to their extremes whenever he fights.

For example, during his fight with Tieria and Setsuna, he followed nearly all of the rules of the Dicta Boelcke and the 10 Rules of Air Fighting(except for the 8th rule of both) particularly the rules which state that one should be ruthless and relentless when on the attack, which is why he almost brought both Meisters down until the rest of CB came to their rescue.

I just had to laugh when you called the Meisters "good pilots". So far they have shown little common sense or piloting skill on the battlefield. Always letting their emotions get in the way of their common sense and showing an overwhelming dependence on their magical Jesus-like GN drives and TRANS-AM. If any character or group of characters in this series is guilty of violating nearly every rule of warfare be it air or ground, it's them.

Last edited by mechabao; 2008-12-06 at 13:55. Reason: because I suck at explaining stuff clearly the first time around.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote