View Single Post
Old 2009-11-05, 03:04   Link #2907
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well the thing is episode 5 doesn't really explain what the Gold Truth is, only that it seems to be more powerful than the red.

My current assumption is that the gold truth is a truth that is exactly what it is; it states exactly what it says and cannot be reviewed or altered by any other interpretation because all possible sets of interpretations will eventually derive into the exact meaning of the gold truth. In other words the gold truth has one and only one interpretation, and any and all attempts to interpret will find itself back into one singular view.

I have no idea how this is achieved exactly, given that the very nature of the human language is based on meanings and interpretations.

That said, the Gold Truth is currently one of the cornerstones of a set of semi-unifying hypotheses of Umineko I've been formulating in my head for the last 2 months. However I need episode 6 before I can actually write it up, currently this semi-unifying hypotheses attempts to explain the following:

1. Nature of the murderer/s
2. Intention of the murderer/s
3. The connection of the murderer/s to MetaBeato
4. MetaBeato's true intention of the game
5. The central role played by the Golden Truth, and it's symbolic representation with the Golden Butterflies.
6. The Golden Truth is not something unique to Battler, but MetaBeato was also weilding it.

The central theory of this hypotheses set of mine is that the Golden Butterflies may have a direct connection with the Golden Truth, in such that the Golden Butterfly may be a direct invocation of the Golden Truth within the board game.

All this and more when I finally am able to link it all up. So far my theories aren't linked, I'm trying to find the string that puts them together. When I do I'll be sure to present it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote