View Single Post
Old 2010-06-08, 16:10   Link #19
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wervy View Post
I just use IE, mostly because it displays pages properly. I Have tried other browsers, but with the pages displaying wrong and the interface feeling more clunky I could never get into using them. Not to mention, that right now browsers like firefox and more popular so of course there is going to be more spyware for them since they are a larger target.

Getting spyware and viruses is more a problem with the person using it than the browser. I have used IE for years and never gotten any sort of infection. I find all the people saying that a browser is to blame instead of the ignorance and stupidity of the user is laughable. If you get infected from web browsing you must be an idiot who is surfing horribly dirty sites. Frankly, if you cant use the internet properly you should go outside and play in the dirt.
I blame Internet Explorer for hindering Web Standards and giving more heartaches to web designers just because of their huge market share Microsoft abused. It's inexcusable for Internet Explorer to be behind web standards when Opera, Webkit and Mozilla implementing more web standards. Heck, Internet Explorer just recently passed Acid 2, which most of the browsers already passed... and still lagging behind Acid3 and from the looks of Internet Explorer 9, they might not even pass Acid 3 test. If the pages followed the web standards, in most cases, it will load on any browser that have full web standard support.

I use OpenDNS to protect myself from spyware and malware since it blocks all these sites before the browser loads them... even with any browser, there is a possibility of getting spyware from cookies, plugins and phishing attacks. Adobe Flash, the most widely used plugin is the biggest security target since its installed on practically every machine.