View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 17:12   Link #140
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Poor, poor Zessica...

This episode had a crowning moment of awesome for her, but it also ironically seals her fate.

Amata's reaction to her confession couldn't have been worse for her, really. Considering that this is Flying Libido we're talking about here, it's pretty telling that Zessica confessing her love to him didn't seem to even get a rise out of him. He's clearly completely committed to Mikono, as even in the immediate aftermath of Zessica's confession to him, all he can keep thinking about is "Will fate stop me from being with Mikono?". Not even wavering to the point of thinking "Well, if fate denies me Mikono, at least Zessica is an option now".

Even with Okada at the helm here, I now find it impossible to think she could swerve to Amata/Zessica after the events of this episode. Regardless of who Amata and Zessica were in past lives, Amata is simply not feeling it for her.

The next few episodes are going to be crucial to Amata's character, in my eyes. If the anime has him drag out his inevitable rejection of Zessica's confession, that's going to make him seem like an utter douchebag to me. Zessica has been a great friend to him, and the least Amata can do is not leave her hanging for very long. Here I'm actually worried about Okada (and Kawamori) handling things.

Personally, I think we're going to get Amata/Mikono. It's been my experience that whenever an anime male lead protagonist talks/thinks about fighting fate in order to achieve his desired romance, he almost always succeeds. So I think that's what is going to happen here.

So the big question mark is Kagura. It'll be interesting to see what they intend to do with him, as he's absolutely relentless in his pursuit of Mikono, but Mikono doesn't want the "mad dog" put down. So it's hard to see how you can stop him permanently unless he voluntarily gives up on Mikono (which is also hard to imagine). I guess that Amata might slay him in some big, final fight though. One in which Mikono isn't there to stop him.

Anyway, Episode 16 was a lot of fun with some great moments. Zessica has now become one of my favorites with this episode, but I fear that it's just in time for me to feel sorry for her.

The action scenes in this episode were great, and the anime did a good job of finally showcasing the abilities of Bianca and Malloy. I loved how everybody on Team Cayenne acted like a smug, arrogant antagonist, lol. You even had Bianca laughing like a villain.

9/10 for Episode 16.