View Single Post
Old 2010-02-23, 05:35   Link #3
Victory

I came across this guide whilst searching for a decent anime usenet index. First wanted to say thanks for creating Fanzub, it is absolutely fantastic and a godsend, words cannot express how awesome I find it to be.

I also use Astraweb but I'm subscribed to an $11/month plan. Here in Australia we only just Unmetered bandwitdh plans from an ISP called AAPT and that plan is $100AUD/month. Anyway the point is that many are put off by the fact that Usenet is a paid service but really if you're already paying that much on an ISP plan then a little bit extra spent to let you actually use that bandwidth in my eyes is a fair investment.

It's been noted that an advantage of Usenet is private and secure but I want to stress that point more. Torrenting is already being throttled by some ISPs and in many networks it is completely disabled (for example at the university I attend) however Usenet is still useable especially through the SSL connections which means you can leech all you want pretty much wherever you want using other peoples' bandwidth (depending on how much jerk you've got in your personality).

Love Usenet