View Single Post
Old 2005-01-02, 14:01   Link #214
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
So *last post for me*
Quote:
I had to post one more time to say WOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOW the graphics of the PSP is just sick!!
Haha, that was the second time you said it was your last post, and still you couldn't keep your word. This is pointless.
Quote:
Actually the battery life of the original gameboy, the big bulky one with the yellow screen, wasn't much better and it still used 4 batteries. I remember brand new batteries always going dead before I could finish cosmotank, at somewhere between 3.5 and 4 hours.
I still have my original Game Boy, and it lasts at least more than 5 hours. Of course, that's probably because I use headphones, since the speaker is broken because it fell once.
Quote:
Also, I wouldn't call tetris a killer ap. GG had columns, which was far better then tetris, in my opinion anyway.
Exactly. YOUR opinion. In reality it sold the system to a lot of people, since it was bundled.
Columns tried to combat that, but it failed.
Quote:
The real problem with the game gear was supposedly it's biggest selling point. Have you ever tried to play it in sunlight? The backlit screen made it impossible. If sega had just put a switch to turn it off on the thing, game gear would have crushed game boy. As it was, the thing was only good indoors or at night, while a simple light that plugs into the gameboy made it usable all the time.
The Game Boy Light Magic isn't even half as good as the Game Gear's backlit screen, and it required a battery.

However, you do have a point on the backlit screen. I can't say that it bothered me a lot, though.
Quote:
I really don't know. Find out for yourself when you buy one.
Then what are you doing here if you don't know what exactly you are talking about? Visit sites, stock up on information.
As of now, various sites support the point that the battery life is poor.
Quote:
There again, pointless flaming. No need for that.
Quote:
That was just a pointless flame once again.
I bet you're not used to discussion boards, because then you would know that it was far from flaming.
You seem to only be in this discussion to add to the fire.
Quote:
The fact is, you can just dissmiss it. You work with what you have. To some, battery life is not much of a problem. Their PSP will be just like my Nomad, always running off the AC power. Can you fault them for it? No! For those of you who do care about battery life all that much, because you do travel, just don't get a PSP. Get the machine that suits your needs. No need to argue over pointless details.
You're wrong. It's a PORTABLE. If you wanted a console, you could get a Mega Drive/Genesis instead of a Nomad, or a PS2 instead of a PSP, which would make it much cheaper as well.
The entire point is portability.
Quote:
What hardware problems? Even if there were any, sony plans to release the PSP later 2005 here in the states. So I would imagine they would get all the kinks out first.
Funny that of all people, you should be the one to say that, having been involved in these discussions from the beginning.
The problems have been discussed at length here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25239

As for fixing the problems, let's just say that looking at their track record (PS2), that it's not all that likely at the moment.
Quote:
Rofl your joking right? With all the powerfull technology in the PSP you really expect sony to do that? Just be happy that it lasts 4 or 5 hours, and sony included a recharger with it. If not, then just don't buy the PSP cuase it's obviously not for you.
Pointless. It's a PORTABLE with POOR battery life, and we don't have to accept that.
Quote:
More RPGs? PSP is planning to come out with shit loads of RPGs like Gagharv Trilogy, final fantasy advent child, and Tales of Eternia. Knowing the RPG reputation of the PSX and PS2, why would you even ask such a dumb question about the PSP? Infact, I doubt you will see even a third of the rpg's that the PSP will get on the DS.
If you want to look at it that way, the Game Boy Advance has a lot of RPGs, too, making Nintendo an impressive track record as well for the DS.

As for the rest of your post, you're being insulting as usual, and this time even taking quotes out of context. Hush!
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote