View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 20:57   Link #56
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
I was actually expecting something of the sort. After all the introductory exposition, I was thinking "so what's there to stop the surrounding hostile countries from putting up a trade embargo to economically kill them and make it easier for an invasion to occur". But alas.

Also, that image of the hotkeys is included in the trial's RAR.
Should have checked the extract folder... I saw nothing of interest in the installed directory and missed it.

Trade embargo is going to be inefficient. Countries of that caliber most likely is self sufficient. Trade embargoes IRL doesn't stop North Korera from setting off nukes underground or launching expensive fireworks rockets that explode.

I am curious if forming alliances with different countries will trigger different events. Eushully makes it sound like diplomacy is in the player's control - but declaring war with a very strong nation may be the stupidest thing to do (maybe not in NG+) thus the player end up having to "play" in a certain order anyway.

Not even Civilization can get diplomacy right... so I don't have much expectations from Eushully in that department. For the most part I expect allies to sit there and ask for help if they are troubled but never come assist you (outside of plot events) in actual combat.

hmmm... maybe I should fire up Civilization...
Reminds me, utawararerumono is not bad for a warfare plot.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote