View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 21:58   Link #2662
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... I think most of this argument is simply fueled by the fact that they're looking for a way around the fact that Miyuki and Tatsuya are blood siblings, in order to ship them together without it being incest
Yes. So very very yes. I agree with you. Absolutely. People should stop coming up with random shit because it starts long and annoying conversations which only serve to annoy me (because I'm so all important that everyone should worry about what does and does not annoy me :P).

I'll say I find it odd that they have "proof" that they're blood relations (I believe it was mentioned in the beach story, but I'd have to check that again), but I'm not going to try and think of a workaround. Like Malason said, it's a century in the future, so I suppose you can't throw out some weird ass possibility, but it's a fucking cop out to just use the "technology has advanced" without things specifically being stated. If he used that poor excuse, I'd have to rethink my opinion of him as a writer.

Not to mention he is quite specific on his science. He's not going to just go with some cover-all like that; he'll give an explanation when he can give one or he'll state it explicitely.