View Single Post
Old 2008-02-11, 05:56   Link #55
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Eh, she just had one short scene. It isn't that bad.

It's a pretty good episode otherwise. The characters are finally getting their acts together after all. Yuuji is no longer in dumb harem lead mode, Ike no longer a comic relief character, and Sato and Eita finally decided to walk separate paths. It's been hinted as long as their first appearances with Margerie (Sato's always the guy to take the initiative; Tanaka just tagged along), and I like it that they decide to bring the issue to its logical conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD
They are still going on about that Episode 13 fight? What is Tanaka so upset about? Sure, maybe the episode 13 stuff was a bit of a shock to him at first. But it's been like at least a week since then, and he's still depressed over it? She's not dead!
His emotions right now are so incredibly fake. She's not dead, yet he's acting like it. It's just getting annoying at this point.
It's more like some sort of a phobia than rational fear, in my view. It's like, he saw his beloved got torn apart in the Fuzetsu. Sure, she healed back, and everything's fine afterwards, but he'll never be able to dissociate Fuzetsu with Oga-chan in danger ever again. To me that's more-or-less convincing.

That aside, humans have an amazing capacity to deny the truth if the truth is too hard to think about. I'm sure Tanaka will "forget" about the Crimson World soon enough. He won't be able to see torches or move around in Fuzetsu's without those gadgets after all -- he won't even know about it if Ogata's suddenly killed and turned into a torch.