View Single Post
Old 2011-03-31, 22:11   Link #92
Undertaker

This episode is as good an adaption as it go base on the anime. Sena's intro was handled pretty well and Kuroneko is great.

My only wish would be that now they decide to put Saori's rant about Kirino in, I really hope they would have S2 planned since this rant ties to Saori's personal background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
If Kureneko's treatment of the girls who asked her to go out for karaoke is any indication of how she acts towards her other classmates, then I sort of understand why no one would want to take the extra effort to be friendly\help her out. It's for that reason that I didn't feel too bad for when she was cleaning up alone. Not everyone is going to go out of their way to help someone who keeps putting up barriers. Only sandbag dude can deal with that "abuse" (I use the word abuse lightly considering this is not Kirino we're dealing with anymore.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah pretty much, Ruri, brings it upon herself. Acting cold and bitter towards those who are trying to be friends are just gonna push people away. No sympathy from me towards people like that.

While I agree that Kuroneko's cold attitude is to blame for her not having any friend, but this is bullying neverthless, and as cold as she is, she still doesn't deserve that.

I don't know if you guys are familiar this, cleaning duties are NOT PUNISHMENT. Its a common knowledge that East Asian schools (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, etc.) assigns shared school areas (including rest room) to each classes on rotating basis (in addition to their own homerooms) for cleaning duties. (unlike America, where janitors takes care all of this) The area is usually pretty big and you never assign just 1 person to clean that area. It's usually a group of 4-6 students (or more depends on the size of school) on rotating basis.

With that being said, it's clear that Kuroneko was been left with all the cleaning duties whiles the others skipped out on her. You can blame that her loneliness was her own fault, but that doesn't mean that she deserves to get taken advantage of. It like blaming a molested victim for wearing short skirt or a rape victim for going to night clubs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
In Japanese schools, everyone has cleaning duty every day. And they get assigned to various locations (classroom/balcony, locker, staffroom, toilets, stairwell etc) in groups. So yeah, others were meant to be there.

...though Kyousuke and Manami should have had their own assigned locations too...

Usually, there is a period assigned for the whole class to clean the home room and surrounded area, the additional shared/common school ground such as stairs, stuff room, restroom, court yard, that was assigned is usually left for after school and that duty is usually assigned on rotating basis within the class.

So, Ruri and others (who skipped on her) had the extra cleaning duty (in addition to the homeroom) that day while Kyosuke and Manami didn't (they only have to clean the homeroom with the rest of class)

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-03-31 at 22:40.