View Single Post
Old 2011-08-23, 10:53   Link #2346
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
What if I told you 90% of the people who hate this show found the part above emboldened as the thing that actually ruined the potential of this show? You're right, the main plot was fine until The King and Queen $hit overshadowed the entire plot and made it meaningless...What chance does a main plot have against Lacus' offscreen WTF epicness? The mess was the K&Q crap amongst so much more, but Kira and Lacus taking over is where it begins from a critical standpoint....

The relationship by itself was fine, and I don't know where you get that because all the discussions I've remembered pointed the finger more on ShinxStella, ShinxLunaxAthrun, AthrunxCagallixMey, heck even NeoxMarrue before KiraxLacus. And if we got non-romance route, Athrun-Shinn, Athrun-Kira, ShinxEveryone, all had bigger problem as well.

Even tilled the midway point when Kira is musou-ing the MS like noobs, the plot was still acceptable with most people. Most Gundam Vateran can list similar domination from other Gundam series. The real hate started between episode 30-40 when ShinXStella been severely under-developed and awkwardly written which causes Destory-Gundam part making no sense what so ever and nailed Shin strictly to the wall with the "brat" label and everything after that spiraled down-hill.

It's one thing to say Kira and Lacus individually or together overshadows the show and one of biggest reason why the GSD fail in eye of a lot of Gundam Veterans, (including me) but the romance part between them never had huge impact on the main plot itself and was not the issue. The only time that romance impacted the main plot directly was when Gilbert sending assasins after Lacus which force Kira to act, and that was a pretty logical response and logical development and subsequently Laucs gave Strike Freedom to Kira which he proceeded to dominate the show again, but by that time the show has already turned into crap and it was too late to move Kira back into support role.

I mean really, KiraxLacus was basically set in stone even before the GSD started, and in GSD their mutual interaction has little to impact the main plot compare to the others I mentioned and the spot where they actually show their love-love side were not intrusive to the plot.

BTW, I was actually shocked the read that next year will be the 10th anniversary of GS, It seem only 5,6 years ago at most, God, I'm getting old.....

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-08-23 at 12:31.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote