View Single Post
Old 2006-08-11, 20:29   Link #58
kauldron26
Med Student

Physics, i truly love honey and Clover... but i wont say the direction is great... the writing is. If u want to see great direction, and the power of the "eye" in anime check out Planet ES and Gankutsuou and look and the different effects of editing, panning, and trucking and how they bring out effects. The direction of honey and clover is far from sophisticated... in fact its greatness is in its simplicity.

If u watch flag 01 again, try and picture urself coming up with the different innovations visually, and imagine the thought process, technicality and imagination it took to see it through. Then think about how much sophistication is involved in telling a tale through a lens and one singe point of view. Think about how our vision in restricted through that one single camera that moves naturally and gracefully. Then think about the one scene where she actually takes the "flag" picture. That alone is more sophisticated than the entire 2 seasons of H&C (and i love H&C). Then think about how the director incorporated all the social (how the world views 3rd world countries), political (issues with nations and how the UN works) and technical (the science involved in making the HAVWC) all within 20 minutes, yet we absorbed it all in good pace.

I know ur a honey and clover fanboy (i have read ur blog and replied to some of ur comments here and there) but its greatness is in simplicity. Infact i think the show would be much greater if they got rid of those exagerrated emotions that cause them to go into chibi-form or wutever its called.

Last edited by kauldron26; 2006-08-11 at 22:27.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote