View Single Post
Old 2006-09-21, 01:13   Link #82
retardation
phantom loser

what the hell, that whole list is almost completely gun-rapper free. like the only dudes on there who rap about guns at all are like ras kass, methodman, royce and sean p.... now of that group the only cat that rhymes about guns the majority of the time is sean p

plus i never saw what's so bad about doing some rap like that anyway. i mean if mf doom raps about shooting lasers then that's cool and creative but then if somebody else talk about loading you with bullets it's weak. i mean you can make songs about guns and stuff that are just as skilled or interesting as anything else. i mean there is a lot of just unoriginal rehashed nonsense crack slangin, gun toting rap around but stuff like say big l's casualty of a dice game is a "thug rap" song or whatever but you can't tell me it isn't brilliant.

as for scribble jam... i'd say it's the most prestigious battle tourney for one particular segment of underground fans and artists... that namely being the whole def jux/anticon/ughh.com crowd. and then on top of that it is just a battle. being good at battling doesn't mean you're necessarily a good rapper on an artist level (just link ability to dunk doesn't necessarily mean you're a good baller)... it's a nice skill to have in itself though. i wouldn't wanna take away from all those battle mc's out there because it is difficult.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote