Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-15, 14:24   Link #1088
sikvod00

What a fantastic episode! Sana's talk with Airi at the swing set was so poignant and bittersweet. Compared to her crying at the end of the last episode, I actually think it was a more heartfelt expression of just how badly she'd fallen in love with Shingo when she calmly talks about it. Thinking of cancelling her cell phone contract because of the anxiety of having his number, yet still yearning to hear his voice at night...

I have no doubt too that Shingo is the only guy she'll ever love (just as she stated). That's what makes it so tragic. Sana still dislikes tes men in general, but Shingo is the exception. In her mind, he transcends the state of being a male and the odds of her encountering someone else like that are close to zero. This episode more than any other pushed the fact that the most well-developed heroine(s) are not necessarily the "winner" of the shipping wars, and that can be an OK thing if done right.

My only real complaint was how they made Miu taller than she is during the kiss scene. Her small and petite figure is part of what made her attractive to me.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2011-12-15 at 14:36.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote