View Single Post
Old 2007-08-07, 02:56   Link #14
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
I know plenty of karaokers that can work miracles with the draw command... Ever see Xat's work on the Simoun OP? Thousands of lines of code...
Yes, but this is not related much at all, other than using the same command. And I still don't see how the heck this does motion tracking, blur effects, masking or other things that AFX is good at but ASS is bad at.

edit: this program isn't really all that useful for transformation fun either, because it just directly translates pixel-for-pixel and each line in the input gets its own ASS line in the output, which gives you all kinds of funky limitations... so like Sylf said, I don't really see the advantage of using this instead of just overlaying with Avisynth.
For most karaoke purposes you want rather simplistic shapes anyway (especially since this program doesn't support transparency yet and can't tell the difference between a shape and its background), and those are easier to do with an ASS drawing program, of which there is at least one.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2007-08-07 at 03:08.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote