Thread: Licensed Vivid Red Operation
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 21:41   Link #904
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer
She doesn't seem to quite understand why she shouldn't go around "becoming one" with every girl that catches her eye. She's going to leave a trail of broken hearts behind her.
Indeed she will. Aoi's going to be locked up inside an insane asylum eventually, the poor girl's speech reduced to repeating a mantra over and over again of "Dock only with me, Akane... you don't need anyone else... dock only with me, Akane..." Perhaps interjected with the occasional "I thought I was special... but... Akane docked... with 38 other girls... by the end of the month... *sob*"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
It's good, simple, straightforward fun. The earnestness and sincerity of the overall presentation (including the seiyu works) and the excellent BGM takes it up a notch for me, making it something of a hotblooded, inspirational show. It has the same sort of spunky spirit as the Saki anime does, imo.
Yep, I agree with this assessment. It's a very charming, spirited series with a rich soundtrack; I loved the song that played whenever Saegusa chased Akane through the school. And I find the original Saki anime to somehow be one of the most atmospheric and personality-imbued anime I've ever encountered, particularly the opening and ending themes.

And yeah, I agree that early Nanoha is rather different from early Vivid Red. The original Nanoha series had a somewhat more melancholic and serious tone during even its earliest episodes. I'm sure that Vivid Red could change into something dramatically different (Dragon Ball turned into a wildly different story during the course of its 42 volumes and did so very organically), but it would be hard to pull off naturally in a story as short as this.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote