View Single Post
Old 2007-01-26, 19:33   Link #76
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
One also does hardly traipse through a bustling city with blood-soaked, hole-riddled garments...
One does not generally traipse anywhere with a hole-riddled body.

Quote:
Consequently, a change of attire but not necessarily of fashion, becomes logical.
Viletta is suffering from amnesia. What would she be doing there stalking people she now has no memory of, when she's still at Ougi's trying to figure out her own identity? Not to mention recover from her wounds and slight trauma?
Nonsense, all villains have a walk in wardrobe of identical evil attire. :) After his face got shot up though, a mask is probably in order. Even after vaporizing people; get them a mask, and they are good to go. The details aren't important.

In relation to Viletta though, Mao is in far worse shape. After what you say below, I am surprised you would suggest that he is up and about. Viletta could be there with Ougi, and it may be no more than a coincidence. Not very likely, but more likely than the zombie Mao scenario.
Quote:
No, I don't think her memory loss will only last a day and a half or shorter. I believe it'll be longer than that and Mao doesn't seem a patient guy...especially after that defeat...which means that by the time she remembers who she is and who Zero is, the Mao arc will be over by a long time.
Patience or not, especially after that defeat, Mao isn't (shouldn't be) going anywhere. Unless he had someone standing by to transplant his brain into a cyborg body, or magically developed superhuman healing abilities, or was a vampire or other undead creature, Viletta will be completely recovered before he can even sit up. Hell, perhaps those scientists were strolling by, and have now created some sort of Mao/Orange frankenstein.

If he is alive, Sunrise will have a very difficult time producing a satisfactory excuse for his resurrection. As usual, cheap tricks and lame plot devices will have to suffice.
Quote:
Besides, even though the staff likes to throw in sudden, world-upending plot turns, I believe they'll take their time developing Viletta's predicament and plant the seeds of a future, heart-wrenching dilemma in which she'll have to choose between Ougi and her duty as a Britannian and Purist. Having her regain her memories out of the blue would shoot the high potential in this possible situation to hell and gone.
Leaked spoilers stated that Mao's Geass evolved. Who knows what else it conferred to him as an unexpected side-effect.
I completely agree with you here, and I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Evolved Geass of immortality though? Come on--that isn't a plot turn at all. That is just a lame excuse to shortcut the plot development. While CG is a good show, stupid things like this invariably take their toll, and that is rather unfortunate. I wish Sunrise would quit doing such things.
Quote:
Moreover, a bulletproof jacket, depending on its thickness, can stop that many bullets...but the wearer will still suffer from broken ribs (a BpJ merely prevents projectiles from entering the body but cannot fully absorb their kinetic energy) and heavy haemorrhages, even if possible lucky rounds (armor-piercing ones like the FN-Herstal, 5.7x28mm, SS190 for the FN Five-seveN and FN P90) do not punch through vital organs, arteries and such. However, seeing that he was bleeding, it's likely he didn't have any. Best explanation that comes to mind for his survival would be devil's luck. Those cops didn't look like the sharpest of shots in the police force, either.
Yep, he'd be mushified enough to stuff in a suitcase, which would be appropriate. How can C.C. retain any feelings for someone who wants to saw her into pieces?
c^2 is offline   Reply With Quote