View Single Post
Old 2013-02-12, 00:34   Link #187
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
There will always be shippers for whatever and whatever in decently sized fandoms. It's a way of fandom life.

Why Madoka in particular has a lot of yuri fans? Because there are no boys in the series worth pairing off to most fans. Kyousuke sucks, Kyubey isn't human, Madoka's brother is like 1 year old, and Madoka's dad is married. All that's left are girls.

The few OC free Madoka fics I've read with heterosexuality had Kyousuke as the male. But in the series, he's more of a plot device than a character in his own right; add that to how many fans don't like him because of how unresponsive he was to the whole ordeal, and you get very few het non-OC fics.

Hm, that's how I felt all along. Nice to hear it from the horse's mouth. Girls are way emotional, they don't need to be in romantic relationships to act all emo and Homuhomu and crap like guys do.

And source if you don't mind? :3

One of my ultimate fandom pet peeves is OCs in any fanfiction, really... but if you feel you must introduce someone new, then go ahead. It's your fic. Just know that some readers will auto turn the other way because they come to fanfiction to read about characters they already know and love, not new ones.
If Kyousuke would be viable, it's because Kyoko defeated Sayaka and obtained the "spoils of the war" and took care of him. Or in a slightly better scenario: "Ask Kyousuke for advice in how to date Sayaka"

Well those fics are probably buried in a corner of the internet, and most of the pairings are yuri -_-