View Single Post
Old 2008-08-18, 14:48   Link #1
LeoXiao
思想工作

Changed topic name- looking for a specific anime

Yes... another one of these threads...

I am looking for good-quality animes, preferably in the Evangelion/GITS/Ergo Proxy/Full Metal Panic area, but by no means limited to this. for example, comedy would be okay too.

Here is what I have seen and liked:

-Everything from Ghost in the Shell
-Death Note
-Monster
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Full Metal Panic (all 3 seasons)
-Samurai Champloo
-The Melancholy of Haruhi
-Black Lagoon
-Darker than Black
-Ergo Proxy
-Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
-Azumanga Daioh
-Zipang
-School Rumble (ok IMO)

Here is what I would NOT like in my next anime:
-Mechas: They're SO stupid, particularly when they make all cool stuff like jet fighters and tanks obsolete because of some BS new armour or something)Of course, if it's like Evangelion or Full Metal Panic, I can let it pass. GITS SAC did pretty good job too, turning mechs into more of a support role.
-Too much overt fantasy or supernatural stuff: There are too many animes about fighting demons and such. I am not interested in an anime that centers itself on this sort of thing, like Yu Yu Hakusho. once again, I can be lenient (after all, Death Note, which was great, had demons)
-Annoying animation styles: Again, think Yu Yu Hakusho. Elfen was pretty bad in this regard as well.

Here is what would be awesome for my ideal anime, besides the usual good plot/characters/etc:
-War/Weapons: Preferably with believable, modern weapons. Think FMP without mechs.
-Dystopia/dark atmosphere: think Ergo Proxy
-Realistic style animation: I think you all know what that is.
-Comedy: Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu did the best job, IMO. If you know of anything like it tell me ASAP.

Wow, that was a lot for a mere recommendation request. Anyway, please use the above information to help ease my boredom.

Thanks.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2008-08-28 at 00:14.