View Single Post
Old 2010-11-13, 06:24   Link #74
Seiryuu

Her disappearance is related to her spirit and her past, but it may have to do with something more. She's the first one to show physical manifestations of her possession, which suggests to me that the spirit is on another level or there's something else connected to it.
I didn't like the excuse Keima came up with for sleeping. Instead of saying that her song was so wonderful he fell into a peaceful sleep, I wonder what would've happened if he'd mentioned the fact that she was only there to "defeat" him, and that if he liked her song she'd have no more reason to come up there.

I can sort of understand why some people would find her annoying or something. She does come off at the start as a needy, demanding girl, not to mention a little whiny. Nothing could happen to her without her calling for him and wanting him to come immediately, and while he always shows up it still feels like she might go crazy if he didn't. I think part of the problem is that she occasionally seemed to be near-obsessive, both in the first email and later when she sent a flying keima a sudden rapidfire flood of mails(You have Mail! You have Mail! You havYou have MaiYou have Mail!). She did run a risk of overloading his mail system. I like her personally, but that sort of behavior could have turned some people off.