Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of melodies
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-30, 15:17   Link #1004
Somnus
Eh?

Alrighty, so I'm a little late to the party but I just finished watching the whole season of melodies. To sum up my thoughts:

- That teacher was broken, and was portrayed as such perfectly. Having said that, he couldn't go lower as a being of this Earth (I refuse to acknowledge him as a human) and I couldn't stand him being on my screen.

- Everything about Yuuko tore up my heart, what a great character. It was so hard watching her story unfold, and to watch it end the way it did.

- Yuu...he had his ups and downs, but the guy truly loved Yuuko and that definitely was something great to watch. Watching the scene on the roof at the end was extremely hard on me, as watching him restrain himself was the closest thing in a show to cause me to tear up...ever.

- Nagi...well, I liked her. Though she ultimately ended up as a side-character of sorts.

- Mizuki was cute, very cute. I liked the bright and cheerful personality she brought to the shows constant darkness.

- Kuze...his situation never really made me question the things he did. I also did enjoy him as a character, although overall I think he got overshadowed by the YuuxYuuko storyline in my eyes.

- I'm definitely a fan of the first season couples coming back, even if it was only for a little bit. Well...actually to be more accurate, I'm a fan of Miya x Hiro heh. Any additional screentime of those two was good screentime to me.

Overall, gotta love EF. Crazy visuals, and extremely in-depth thought processes and ideas if you care to dive deeper into this show. Though I must say, even with the infamous Miyako/Yuuko scenes the one that's going to stick with me the most is the rooftop scene of Melodies ep 12. It was just an unforgettable moment for me.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote