Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of melodies
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-24, 19:20   Link #1009
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Doing some thread necro here... but I finally finished off the series... and overall, I'd have to give it about a 7.9/10. Mostly due to the sad/dark atmosphere of the entire series. Otherwise, it wasn't bad... though 10 hurt. It really hurt, at least for me, since I'm the type of guy who likes happy endings all around, and why romantic comedy animes are something I always look forward to.

But at least there was definite closure for everyone by the end... especially with Yuu. Even though Yuuko is no longer around, he still has all the others from the previous season, and as Mizuki commented, he's like a father (well, to her... so she might almost be something along the lines of the daughter he and Yuuko never got to have), especially with his idea of building a beautiful city. And he's going to keep moving forward... even with Yuuko gone, I admire how he's strong, and now seems less cold-hearted than he did before.

and if one thinks about it, he'll get to see Yuuko again. As they said in episode eleven, nothing lasts forever, everyone dies. So even though it may take quite a while, when his time comes, they'll be back together. Or at least, that's how I like to think of it

and now to go to my much more fun and light-hearted stuff... I can only take so much drama unless it ends like Clannad (which, after Kanon 2006, will probably be the next series I watch, along with After Story... and get my happy endings back)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote