View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 13:38   Link #236
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

The show versus tell problem I think was a bit of a consistent problem. It DID make it a bit too easy to ignore that there would be SOME benefit to a system like this. I honestly would have liked even just an episode or two to make the system on the whole seem more worthwhile, before revealing just how disgusting it was at the core.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ah, that’s a really nice way to put it, Roger. I also wondered about whether the people in the society that Sybil desired will be the same as the one Akane & Kogami also desired. If you take it like that, then the ending indeed gave us some hope for the future of P-P Japan.
Sybil's problem is a matter of Monsters, men and Saints. It realizes the men that it rules would destroy them if the men discovered that Sybil was really a monster. Sybil clearly needs to replace their men with something else. Obviously you can't replace them with monsters. Monsters might tolerate the existence of other monsters, but they won't submit to their authority. So that only leaves them with saints.

Unfortunately for Sybil, it doesn't understand that under the right conditions, saints kill monsters to.