View Single Post
Old 2014-06-26, 09:27   Link #90
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Ah, now that you mention it, I remember that. Still... it feels a litte too convenient, given the setup. The Warbeasts have never lost a game, and even go as far wiping the opposing players memories of the game. They were highly confident (not to moment arrogant) in their chances in wining for good reason, so it find it hard to believe they would have anticipated losing when there is no precedence. Did Sora really unnerve Ino so much that he entertained that idea even after all precautions when the conference ended?
It is exactly because the situation was risky that Miko probably took such measure just in case.

Remember those points:
-Sora and Shiro are known to be the King and Queen of Imanity, having defeated Kurami who is known to be affiliated with Elven Garde, which means they defeated someone who had access to elf magic.
-Ino learned from the get go that Sora has heard about their game due to Steph's grandfather. Therefore the game concept and rules were already known, which is extremely dangerous for them, regardless if their opponent is Imanity or another race (hence why they force a memory wipe for every game).
-Miko is said to be the one behind the rise of the Eastern Federation within merely 50 years, despite the warbeasts clans weren't united at all prior that point (which also explain why Sora and Shiro doubted about her identity in the anime). So it is actually logical and refreshing for a character like that to have preparations done in case they lose. Far too often we have almighty characters blind by their powers and advantages to the point they don't consider the worst possible scenario for them, despite they don't commit anything important for a failsafe measure.

Anyway, this episode is actually a nice closure for a one cour series, and while it has a decent (albeit very mean) teaser, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't going for a second season either.

That said, it is really the one time I believe Sora and Shiro "calculations" were beyond far fetched. Again it is possible, but very very unlikely here.
The NPC carrying Steph is a complete unknown factor. Sure, it is a NPC, but there was no guarantee the NPC would make it on time (for instance, what if Steph is clumsy enough to "ride" on it and took something like 10 more seconds? What if Izuna's trashing actions would hinder the NPC path at some point?). Likewise, Steph had to shoot with her eyes shut, forced to shoot "right in front of her", but that's actually another gamble because they don't know beforehand where Steph will be facing, since she can either shoot from the left or right of the NPC head.

I certainly think they shouldn't have gone with their own spice and adapt that portion properly instead. If Kukuru's post is accurate on that matter, I would have largely less issue if Shiro and Sora were indeed taken out immediately after Izuna activated Blood Destruction, then Izuna got shot by Steph on the very location they landed (at least, the margin of error is significantly lower than calculating where a NPC would be).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-06-26 at 09:59.