View Single Post
Old 2014-06-26, 12:25   Link #98
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
She follows the instructions, but consciously forgets what they are. Since the instructions are bound by the Oaths, the Oaths will make her do it, even if she doesn't know (has forgotten) what she's doing, since they're not asking her to do anything that is physically impossible. The reason why she forgets is because they don't want to risk her figuring out what her ultimate job is. If she realizes she has to shoot Izuna, she may leak out some killing intent at that moment (same reason why he had her close her eyes) and be detected. More importantly, if she knows what she is to do and when she is to do it, Ino will sense anxiety from her (since she doesn't have a sociopathic level of emotional control like the sibs), and warn Izuna that something is up.

Honestly, a lot of that was Sora being extra careful, and was probably unnecessary. Steph would likely have been ignored in any case unless she was directly in Izuna's line of sight. Ino clearly did forget about her, or else he would have warned Izuna that she was approaching, even if it was just to tell her to mop up.
Was this the explanation in the novel? If so I wish had made into the anime at in some way. While it's not impossible to infer, with the way Steph's usually shackled with the "dunce cap" it felt like the siblings just doubting her abilities as normal. It makes me feel better about her role.

Quote:
The Monogataris I'd have to disagree on. I saw the first couple, and they were enjoyable, but they've got such a distinct Shinbo feel to them that however good they are, or how faithful they are in plot, character, and dialogue, they can't be considered a "faithful adaptation" on the level of the other mentioned series.
IIRC, from I heard LN readers the dialogue and such is pretty much lifted directly from the source with little to no alternations. Yeah presentation between the anime and text is where things differ, but it's not by a huge margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is exactly because the situation was risky that Miko probably took such measure just in case.

Remember those points:
-Sora and Shiro are known to be the King and Queen of Imanity, having defeated Kurami who is known to be affiliated with Elven Garde, which means they defeated someone who had access to elf magic.
-Ino learned from the get go that Sora has heard about their game due to Steph's grandfather. Therefore the game concept and rules were already known, which is extremely dangerous for them, regardless if their opponent is Imanity or another race (hence why they force a memory wipe for every game).
-Miko is said to be the one behind the rise of the Eastern Federation within merely 50 years, despite the warbeasts clans weren't united at all prior that point (which also explain why Sora and Shiro doubted about her identity in the anime). So it is actually logical and refreshing for a character like that to have preparations done in case they lose. Far too often we have almighty characters blind by their powers and advantages to the point they don't consider the worst possible scenario for them, despite they don't commit anything important for a failsafe measure.
Good points especially the last bit. If we look at as the Miko being suitably in control of situation rather than Ino than things make more sense. Ino sounds like the type to fall into hubris given his overconfidence (which I don't completely blame him for as I said). But this is standard procedure for them then? After all the siblings aren't the first people to have an idea what kinda of game it was since the elves had also figured it out as well as Steph's grandfather. If not, this goes back to my earlier point about action being kinda of contrived.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-26 at 12:38.