View Single Post
Old 2007-01-27, 09:47   Link #2292
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Yeah, seriously. Try it for yourself! You're about to see just how hard it is to make a repeating .gif of something that doesn't repeat at all! >= O

I had considered making it so that her lips would always be on the cup, but that didn't seem very natural at all. I tried desperately to mimic real drinking motion (or at least funny it in a "I just took a spoonful of curry and I'm about to explode" kind of way). This was the best I could do and the best quality I could take - 12% loss, high 70s dither. Talk about yuck. Thanks to you and Pellissier for understanding what I had to put up with. = P

In addition, Pellissier I see what you mean now. Less colors, less light, and you can make amends while keeping the quality and file size as good as intended. I especially get what you mean by light too. Black costs like a fraction of a byte. My signature is full of dark colors and when saving it to the web, it was only 28 kilobytes for a .jpg (I changed it to .png and it was still less than 50). Next time, I should try for a darker .gif in my avatar and see how that goes.

Deathkillz - 9.0
Better. Now I see you have the cameraman's eye. Don't you feel looks better too? = P If I could rub you the wrong way again, I'd say get more of her head in frame and less of the shoulders (more work! Bwahaha). I'm only saying this cuz her mouth and nose is next to invisible. Zooming in might fix that.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote