View Single Post
Old 2011-05-05, 15:44   Link #159
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I believe the spoiler policy dictates that no spoilers regarding future events from <media A> are to be posted within <media B>'s thread, even under spoiler tags. How does this policy affect threads of adaptations(usually LN/manga -> anime) that have just been revealed as an adaptation? To what extent, if any, are we allowed to discuss the adaptation's derived content w/o getting an infraction? Are spoiler-tagged posts containing future content allowed?
The Spoiler Policy itself addresses this pretty clearly, in particular in the list of exceptions. The long and short of it is that we don't allow "anything that discloses an event, character, plot or other information before it is revealed within the specific work being discussed". You're allowed to compare things that have already happened in the anime to the source material, but not reveal or leave hints about anything that will happen in the future, even behind spoiler tags. Offending posts will be deleted, and warnings/infractions issued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I ask this because I've seen this happen in some of the newly created threads. The Hidan no Aria thread SEEMED FILLED with various info hinting at what could be spoilers. That's really the only time I've seen it get THAT bad though.
Please report any and all offending posts, and the mods will review and infract accordingly. The mods aren't necessarily following every show and reading every thread closely, so we're counting on user reports to help us out. But the principle is: no future-event spoilers and no hints, tags or not.