View Single Post
Old 2004-02-28, 17:43   Link #18
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
Umm, don't all parents suck? Isn't that the typical answer? Unless they rich in which they spoil the kids, even when its not needed. They always suck when they go against you ways/views, but if they did something that you liked, then they'd be the best, no?
A lot of parents don't know what they're getting into when they decide to have children. They take them for granted. They don't think of what kind of problems their children could have, and they project their dreams on them. I'm not accusing all parents, but this is how I think. A lot of "common parenting attitudes" are really bad in my opinion. Too many parents think that they can only raise children by punishing them. I don't agree with this personally.. Raising kids that way will only create people who will respond only to punishments and who will do or not do things only in fear of being punished by society. I know many people will disagree with me on this, but that's really how I think. Also, many children are lied to and manipulated. It's really small things usually.. Not serious things... But to me, that's very bad. By example.. "If you don't do this, I won't give you a birthday present" .. x_x I mean imagine if a husband tells her wife "If you don't do [ insert something perverted here ], I won't give you roses on Valentine's day. I think she'd slap him. To me it's a very similar thing..

I don't know if it's bad or not to spoil children personally. ^^; But I think it's bad to keep a child from having what he wants in fear that he'll be spoiled.. That's just my opinion though. Also what I notice is that.. Usually, the children who are spoiled rotten are the children who have everything they want EXCEPT "parents". I mean, their parents don't talk to them and don't take care of them. I'm not saying parents have to spoil their children, though. They don't have to.

I'm just saying that most parents have an attitude that can lead the children to be mad at them... But a lot of parents are nice overall, and the children do know how to recognize this.. I also agree with ff7799 when he says that it's something related to our era. There's a lot of "educational trends".. By example, it's trendy here to give riddalin to your kids if they're SLIGHTLY hyper. e_e; [ I'm being ironic here, but it's true ] Also it's trendy to not let your children have anything that children like.
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote