View Single Post
Old 2009-06-16, 15:13   Link #20080
Betteroffer

It's a complicated situation all around. I think Suzaku needs to be Nunally's rock in all this, not the other way around, since she's as much of a global figurehead as he is now. The idea of your brother's murderer, who is your current bodyguard, coming to you for emotional support is just...awkward.

I think Kallen would be willing to help if asked, but I doubt Suzaku would ask. Part of his punishment is to bear the weight of the world's hope, so I belive the circumstances would need to be globally catastrophic before Suzaku would even try seeking Kallen out again, especially given how important he knows she was to Lelouch (whether you wish to regard that as romantic or platonic importance is for irrelevant).

Beyond that, Suzaku's is just as stubborn as Lelouch, so any sort of personal problems or issues would be bottled up. Still, this being anime we must resign ourselves to believeing that Suzaku will remain completely stable (or whatever we're calling him) unless Word of God says otherwise...

That being said, while Schneizel is a brain puppet, he's still a super-genius and Chessmaster, so I suppose Suzaku could have Schneizel console him somehow or offer therapy, even if Suzaku knew he was doing it mindlessly.

...And now I'm imagining a scene where Schneizel is holding Zerozaku curled up like a baby as the latter sucks his thumb through the mask (a modified slide-system would be installed to allow this).

Schneizel: You're doing a good job sir. A very good job indeed.

Zerozaku: Have you forgotten who you're talking too?

Schneizel: My apologies. You're a bad, bad, naughty, evil man. You failed to protect those you love, killed millions due to your own stubborness, mistrusted your closest friend, and drove him into a downward spiral of insanity that culminated in his self-orchestrated suicide.

Zerozaku: Aaaaaahhhhh, that's better.

Schneizel: ...And I am very uncomfortable with you trying to nurse right now...
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote