View Single Post
Old 2009-07-29, 16:48   Link #68
james0246

^Uhm, no one, or at least not I, said that Ace only got as far as he did because of his Logia. Rather, if you will read my statement again, I said he rose as quickly as he did because of his Devil Fruit. He could have still gotten where he did without a DF, but having one merely cut down on the time it took to get to the top. The same is true of Luffy - he has a fruit that makes him nearly impervious to physical damage, and since most damage on the grand line is via physical attacks, Luffy was able to rise quite quickly.

That being said, where in the spoiler does it say that Ace was at the New World in under 3-4 months (which is about the time it took Luffy to get to the Red Line...and then the war happened). For all we know, Luffy has almost the exact same track record as Ace, or Luffy could have an even better track record, or Ace could have a marginally better track record. Any of those options are possible, but, in the end, they are ultimately irrelevent, as I already said, considering the differences in the Journey that Ace and Luffy had. There is no point in comparing Ace in Luffy to each other.