View Single Post
Old 2010-09-13, 15:49   Link #40
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

No, it was up to the Godfather, Jiraiya, to look after the godson. And Jiraiya failed spectacularly in that regard.
Indeed, if both were here, I would agree that it was up to Jiraiya, but Jiraiya was not in the village anymore and he probably did not know how bad Naruto was treated by the villagers...
We can say that he failed, but he considerably made up for it afterwards, and better late than never...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There was no real reason for Kakashi to do anything for Naruto (it’s not like Kakashi has been depicted as having a close relationship (beyond student and teacher) with Minato).
No real reason, as in "no obligation", I agree, but do you think that if Kakashi had a child all of sudden and died in a mission (and not get revived this time), Naruto and Sakura would do nothing for the child, like never visit him, ensure that he eats well, etc? I thought that honor and respect meant a lot for Ninjas...

Other villagers do have an excuse: they did not know that Naruto was Minato's son: but Kakashi most likely did and the least one of the citizens of Konoha could do for the leader who gave up his life to save the village is to look after his legacy in his stead...

At least Shikamaru completely accepts the fact that he will have to look after Asuma's child, and he will most likely never have it as though as Naruto did... but then again, Shikamaru is most likely one of the characters with the strongest sense of responsability in the series...

At any rate, it did not look like Kakashi had much better things to do when he was in the village, except reading the same novel for the 1000th time...

I just find it funny how many characters claim to have supported Naruto all along, while they all ignored him for so long, and spit him in the face for years... Sakura being pretty high on the list...

At least, Ebisu is the most honest of them all, since he admits he couldn't stand Naruto at first...
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote