Thread: SkullGirls
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-08, 09:43   Link #31
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah, I know I lol'd especially considering its guys complaining.

Quote:
Still, that hasn't stopped some people from getting offended. Earlier this year at Gamescon in Germany, one fan stopped Bartholow just to tell him how sexist he thought the game was. According to Bartholow, however, the complaint stopped as soon as he explained that a woman had done the animation.

"I'm like, did you know our lead animator is a woman?" he retold. "Then, he's like, that's amazing. It's like I gave him the excuse to think it was okay all of a sudden, or to admit he liked it, which really amused me and seemed emblematic of the entire situation around that."

Bartholow puts a lot of stock in the fact that a woman, not a man, was the one who handled the animations. "She intentionally lavishes attention on the breasts herself because she thinks it's cool," he explained. "All the people who seem bothered by it are guys. It's a weird chivalry intent thing that's sort of misplaced and maybe shallow, even, because they see breasts and panty flashes and they go, that's sexist, but I've yet to meet a woman who has complained about it. They're over-thinking it."
I'm thinking she lavishes attention on the boobs because she's sick to death of bad 'jiggle physics'. I did find Valantine's bio funny with one of her dislikes being 'a sore back' when she has the largest bust of the cast.