View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 04:14   Link #73
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

As to my thoughts: I really don't need to repeat what has been said before except to point out that Yuuichi is the first male lead in a "harem-type" anime (I've seen) who didn't cause you to cringe and wonder just how anyone likes him.
Not me. Well I mean the character is fine, not being a total weakling or afraid of girls or the usually harem-type lead (that is if you can call this a harem), but its his voice thats the problem. You can't really speak for absolutely everyone, especially oddballs like me. Oh well, I'm not even supposed to be here by my own decision, just thought I'd throw in something regarding that the "you" is a bit of a blanket term that can't hold up for everyone and I actually physically have cringed on Sugita Tomakazu's spaz outs in this show a number of times, though I don't wonder how anybody could like him, because its easily understandable for those who don't have my issue with his voice. Whether that means Yuuichi caused it all for me I'm not entirely sure, it depends how much you tie the voice actor to the character.

And please for the love of god folks, don't take this as a thread jack or whatever it is everybody calls a comment these days, I'm just stepping in to give a response to something relating to how I view a character overall and not liking Yuuchi's voice had a huge impact on my overall enjoyment of the show so far. I virtually guarantee were it not for him (Sugita) this show would be getting a solid 8 or a 9 from me since depending on my tilt (more likely 8 for various reasons I don't feel like talking about) as voice acting would be a perfect 5 and his character interactions wouldn't be as annoying giving my character element a 4/5 meaning 5, 5, 3, 4 for Animation, Audio, Plot and Character, 17/20= 8.5.

Anyway back to the matter at hand, I understand he's popular to all but a few (Both Yuuchi and Tomakazu), and that criticism in the face of an overwhelming majority can be seen as insanity and poor judgement, but just take this one nitpick at face value (and I do have my reasons), for once, without getting defensive or taking it out of context or anything. Everybody feel free to disagree on their own grounds, absolutely of course, as is the god given right of any free human being, but don't go saying I'm wrong for this and this and this reason on something so subjective, because it won't help matters at all. Thank You ahead of time. Ah,just one small question while I remember, who are all those people who voted in this thread? Half maybe more of these names I've never even seen before on these boards even once. That's it. *Praying for once I won't be mistaken for an asshole*.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-03-23 at 05:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote